Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thanksgiving update, 4 days before Christmas

Listen people, don't judge me that I am just now blogging about out road trip up to Indiana. I am a busy cheer/piano mom and wife to Kris. Lets start at the beginning.

The ride up to Bobbie and Diggers was, well how do I describe it: BEYOND MISERABLE!
Thomas screamed approximately every 12 seconds, not cried, but screamed. Blood. Curdling. Screams. It wasn't until we got to Bobbies that we figured out why. Apprently his new car seat he got for his 2nd birthday deeded to be adjusted, ahem in the crotch region. So in a nutshell (no pun intended) his bits and pieces were being crushed for approximately 12 hours. Not good.

The actual drive was uneventful, thank goodness because I don't know how much more Daddy could have taken. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express on our way up and the funniest part of our day was when Kris was attempting to sleep in a bed with Thomas. Thomas kept getting in his face and saying "DADDA!" "DADDA?" DADDA!". He did this for a total of an hour and half. That equals 197 "Dadda's.

Once we got to Bobbie's there really wasn't anything to report. I had been so overwhelmed with work and Kris being in Texas/single mom life I dont think I moved from her comfy couch except to bathe, eat, and hang with my new Bestie/cuz, Beckster. Awesome Girl, Awesome hair model for Lilly.

The ride home was way more enjoyable since we had adjusted Thomas' car seat straps. :) About an hour and a half from Bobbie's we ran into some snow in Kentucky and did what any safe and sane parents would do, we pulled over on the shoulder of the interstate to let the kids (this means Kris too) play in the snow and have an impromptu photo shoot!

All in all we had a SUPER GREAT TIME and are very thankful we had the means to go.

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean photo shoot? I see no snow, no photo. Shoot!

    ReplyDelete